How to Create Users¶
To create an user in the top navigation bar, click User Management > Users
The Users page will show up and you can click on the icon New User
The New User window appears. From there, you can create an user:
Understanding the Terms¶
New Scan Window
- Login Name: Username that the person will use to login into Mageni Vulnerability Platform.
- Comment: If you want to insert a comment. For example: "Auditor"
- Authentication: How you will authenticate the users. You can use LDAP Integration, so the users will authenticate with the Microsoft Active Directory Credentials or with a local password which is encrypted in the database.
- Roles: The order in which you want to scan a network. It could be random, sequential and reverse.
- Groups: The maximum number of plugins executed per hosts.
- Host Access: The IT assets that can be scanned by the user.
- Allow all and deny: Allow the user to scan all hosts and define which assets the user is not authorized to scan.
- Deny all and allow: Deny the user to scan all hosts and define which assets the user is authorized to scan.
- Interface Access: If the virtual appliance uses several interfaces, you can define which one the user may use to launch an scan.
- Allow all and deny: Allow the user to use all interfaces and define which interfaces the user is not authorized to use to launch a scan.
- Deny all and allow: Deny the user to use all interfaces and define which interfaces the user is authorized to use to launch a scan.
It is a good practice to define which hosts the user can scan, in that way you will have a solid control over the network.
Before you proceed, please note that in order to integrate Mageni Vulnerability Platform with LDAP it is required, to secure the communication, LDAPS. If you don't know how to configure LDAPS, you can visit:
In the top navigation bar, click User Management > LDAP
The LDAP page will show up and you can click on the icon Edit Authentication
The LDAP Integration window appears. From there, you set up the integration. You will need:
- The Hostname of the LDAP Server or Domain Controller
- The DistinguishedName (DN).
%sreplaces the username.
- The certificate in
Once that you have those items, click Ok. You will see all the details.
From there, you can go to the menu: User Management > Users and you will see that the option for LDAP Authentication now is working. You can enable it for the users and click "Save".